- 1st Battalion
- 2nd Battalion
- 3rd (Reserve) Battalion
- 1/4th Battalion
- 2/4th Battalion
- 3/4th and 3/5th Battalions
- 1/5th Battalion
- 2/5th Battalion
- 4/5th Battalion
- 5th Battalion
- 6th (Service) Battalion
- 7th (Service) Battalion
- 8th (Service) Battalion
- 9th (Service) Battalion
- 10th (Service) Battalion
- 11th (Reserve) Battalion
- 1/12th Battalion (Pioneers)
- 2/12th Battalion
- 13th (Home) Battalion
- 14th Battalion
- 15th (Service) Battalion
- Home Service Only
- Battalion not known
This section comprises of a series of articles and newspaper reports relating to the formation of the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment.
Before contacting us about the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment, about Soldiers, or about the website in general; we recommend reading through our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have a question about anything on this website, or would like us to research your own ancestor; please read the frequently asked questions section above first. If the answer is not apparent there, please contact us. If you have information/ photographs you would like to publish on this site, or just want to say hello; we would love to hear from you!
The purpose of this website is to provide information that we feel should be made available and preserved for future generations. We hope that you will find our pages interesting and informative. Please note that this website is intended for general information only. We try to verify all information on the site but under English law, I can give no assurances regarding the accuracy of the contents in relation to specific individuals, situations or particular circumstances. As such, the contents should not be relied upon.
PAGESHome Sitemap - Website Index Roll of Honour Research Request Pending Requests Contact Us PERSONAL ACCOUNTS A Reservist in France Diary of Thomas Ainscough M.M. Diary of a Second Lieutenant Festubert June 1915 Letters of James Craig and Benny Hobson Experiences of Gallipoli From Mons to the First Battle of Ypres QUICK PICKS The LNL Regimental History 1914 - 19 Search British Newspapers Research WW1 Soldiers Dates of Entry
This website is run by volunteers whose time is given freely. If you would like to help us towards the costs of maintaining the website, subscriptions to research websites and visits to archives it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all who have supported our project
- 201506 CPL. H. BRADSHAW. L.N.LAN.R.
- 202627 PTE. R. HEAPS. L.N.LAN.R.
- The case of Serjeant James Hetherington Pearson
- 203106 PTE. H. DEWHURST. L.N.LAN.R.
- 3038 PTE. J. COOKSON. L.N.LAN.R.
- 13047 LCPL. V. L. CHEVALIER. L.N.LAN.R.
- 9358 PTE. F. N. GRIMES. L.N.LAN.R.
- 36050 PTE. J. H. ORGILL. L.N.LAN.R.
- 15793 CPL. T. A. HOGARTH. L.N.LAN.R.
- 201125 LCPL. J. JACKSON. L.N.LAN.R.
Sounds of singing and laughing were heard in the German trenches opposite No 1 Coy sector by patrols, 8 till 10 PM.
Christmas day, 25th December 1915
(10th Battalion War Diary)
- Sounds of singing and laughing were heard in the German trenches opposite No 1 Coy sector by patrols, 8 till 10 PM. Christmas day, 25th December 1915
Most Viewed Posts
- Roll of Honour
- SWB Numbers
- The sinking of SS Transylvania 1917
- Officers’ Service Records (TNA)
- WW1 Practice trenches at Penally, Tenby.
- Casualties of CHUNUK BAIR (6th Bn)
- Festubert Personal Accounts and Casualties
- The McDougall Brothers of Longridge
- Photo: A group of 4th Bn Soldiers
- Sinking of the Aragon: 30th December 1917
- Photo: Unknown soldier portrait
- 1/4th Bn Officers
- Diary of a Second Lieutenant (1st Battalion)
- My Experiences in Gallipoli
- The diary of Thomas Ainscough 1st-4th Battalion
- WITH A RESERVIST IN FRANCE by Private Frederick Bolwell
- WW1: Victoria Crosses: The Loyal North Lancashire Regiment
- Captain Francis Desmond Talbot Coke
- Preston Pals War Memorial
- War Memorial: Wheelton Clocktower (Chorley), Lancashire.
about 4 hours ago
- #OnThisDay 100 years ago, 10/LNL attack Greenland Hill. Pte Thomas McCue was one of 81 men killed. https://t.co/iDlfOVm70H #WW1Centenary
about 5 hours ago
- 201506 CPL. H. BRADSHAW. L.N.LAN.R. https://t.co/LYcPNzWnJz #LancashireWW1 #WW1Centenary #WW1
about 4 days ago