- 1st Battalion
- 2nd Battalion
- 3rd (Reserve) Battalion
- 1/4th Battalion
- 2/4th Battalion
- 3/4th and 3/5th Battalions
- 1/5th Battalion
- 2/5th Battalion
- 4/5th Battalion
- 5th Battalion
- 6th (Service) Battalion
- 7th (Service) Battalion
- 8th (Service) Battalion
- 9th (Service) Battalion
- 10th (Service) Battalion
- 11th (Reserve) Battalion
- 1/12th Battalion (Pioneers)
- 2/12th Battalion
- 13th (Home) Battalion
- 14th Battalion
- 15th (Service) Battalion
- Home Service Only
- Battalion not known
This section comprises of information about the various medals that were awarded to British Army soldiers for their service during the First World War.
We believe that medals and such items of historical importance should remain with the family of the recipient. However, we know that through the generations the connection with the soldier may have been forgotten. As such, we endeavor to purchase any medals, ephemera and documentation relating to the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment in order that they are remembered alongside other soldiers of this Regiment.
One of the most common questions we are asked is how much WW1 medals are worth. Medals can be difficult to value as the price depends on a number of factors. The collecting community use the Medal Yearbook 2014 when determining current market value of medals.
This section contains a list of medals to Loyal North Lancashire Regiment soldiers that are sought by family members or collectors. To add to this section please use the contact us form.
PAGESHome Sitemap - Website Index Roll of Honour Research Request Pending Requests Contact Us PERSONAL ACCOUNTS A Reservist in France Diary of Thomas Ainscough M.M. Diary of a Second Lieutenant Festubert June 1915 Letters of James Craig and Benny Hobson Experiences of Gallipoli From Mons to the First Battle of Ypres QUICK PICKS The LNL Regimental History 1914 - 19 Search British Newspapers Research WW1 Soldiers Dates of Entry
This website is run by volunteers whose time is given freely. If you would like to help us towards the costs of maintaining the website, subscriptions to research websites and visits to archives it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all who have supported our project
- 201506 CPL. H. BRADSHAW. L.N.LAN.R.
- 202627 PTE. R. HEAPS. L.N.LAN.R.
- The case of Serjeant James Hetherington Pearson
- 203106 PTE. H. DEWHURST. L.N.LAN.R.
- 3038 PTE. J. COOKSON. L.N.LAN.R.
- 13047 LCPL. V. L. CHEVALIER. L.N.LAN.R.
- 9358 PTE. F. N. GRIMES. L.N.LAN.R.
- 36050 PTE. J. H. ORGILL. L.N.LAN.R.
- 15793 CPL. T. A. HOGARTH. L.N.LAN.R.
- 201125 LCPL. J. JACKSON. L.N.LAN.R.
Sounds of singing and laughing were heard in the German trenches opposite No 1 Coy sector by patrols, 8 till 10 PM.
Christmas day, 25th December 1915
(10th Battalion War Diary)
- Sounds of singing and laughing were heard in the German trenches opposite No 1 Coy sector by patrols, 8 till 10 PM. Christmas day, 25th December 1915
Most Viewed Posts
- Roll of Honour
- SWB Numbers
- The sinking of SS Transylvania 1917
- Officers’ Service Records (TNA)
- WW1 Practice trenches at Penally, Tenby.
- Casualties of CHUNUK BAIR (6th Bn)
- Festubert Personal Accounts and Casualties
- The McDougall Brothers of Longridge
- Photo: A group of 4th Bn Soldiers
- Sinking of the Aragon: 30th December 1917
- Photo: Unknown soldier portrait
- 1/4th Bn Officers
- Diary of a Second Lieutenant (1st Battalion)
- My Experiences in Gallipoli
- The diary of Thomas Ainscough 1st-4th Battalion
- WITH A RESERVIST IN FRANCE by Private Frederick Bolwell
- WW1: Victoria Crosses: The Loyal North Lancashire Regiment
- Captain Francis Desmond Talbot Coke
- Preston Pals War Memorial
- War Memorial: Wheelton Clocktower (Chorley), Lancashire.
about 4 hours ago
- #OnThisDay 100 years ago, 10/LNL attack Greenland Hill. Pte Thomas McCue was one of 81 men killed. https://t.co/iDlfOVm70H #WW1Centenary
about 5 hours ago
- 201506 CPL. H. BRADSHAW. L.N.LAN.R. https://t.co/LYcPNzWnJz #LancashireWW1 #WW1Centenary #WW1
about 4 days ago