- 1st Battalion
- 2nd Battalion
- 3rd (Reserve) Battalion
- 1/4th Battalion
- 2/4th Battalion
- 3/4th and 3/5th Battalions
- 1/5th Battalion
- 2/5th Battalion
- 4/5th Battalion
- 5th Battalion
- 6th (Service) Battalion
- 7th (Service) Battalion
- 8th (Service) Battalion
- 9th (Service) Battalion
- 10th (Service) Battalion
- 11th (Reserve) Battalion
- 1/12th Battalion (Pioneers)
- 2/12th Battalion
- 13th (Home) Battalion
- 14th Battalion
- 15th (Service) Battalion
- Home Service Only
- Battalion not known
In this photo Private Frederick Joseph Butler is sat in the front middle of the group. Frederick served with the 1/4th Battalion, it is likely that the other men were all 4th Battalion soldiers.
Paul McCormick is the creator and administrator for the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment website. Since 2010 he has been researching the soldiers that served during the First World War and sharing their stories on his website. You can contact Paul through the website 'Contact Me' page or on Twitter and Facebook.
(This post has been visited 550 times in the last 90 days)
PAGESHome Sitemap - Website Index Roll of Honour Research Request Pending Requests Contact Us PERSONAL ACCOUNTS A Reservist in France Diary of Thomas Ainscough M.M. Diary of a Second Lieutenant Festubert June 1915 Letters of James Craig and Benny Hobson Experiences of Gallipoli From Mons to the First Battle of Ypres QUICK PICKS The LNL Regimental History 1914 - 19 Search British Newspapers Research WW1 Soldiers Dates of Entry
This website is run by volunteers whose time is given freely. If you would like to help us towards the costs of maintaining the website, subscriptions to research websites and visits to archives it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all who have supported our project
- 1/4th Bn Officers 0 Comments
- Felixstowe 1917: C Coy, 3rd Battalion group photo 6 Comments
- Photo: 2nd Battalion, LNL : 10th July 1915 0 Comments
- Photo: 4th Battalion group photo 0 Comments
- Photo: 5th Battalion, Chipping Sodbury, Gloucestershire 2 Comments
- Photo: 6th Battalion group photo 1 Comment
- Photo: 6th Battalion machine gun section group photo 0 Comments
- Photo: 8th Battalion Band 0 Comments
- Photo: 9th Battalion group photo 2 Comments
- Photo: A group of 4th Bn Soldiers 1 Comment
- Photo: An Unknown Friend 0 Comments
- Photo: Eastbourne Camp, 1915 0 Comments
- Photo: Four unidentified Loyal Soldiers 0 Comments
- Photo: German prisoners playing chess 0 Comments
- Photo: Group outside Hut 288 0 Comments
- Photo: H.M the King visits the troops; December 1914. 1 Comment
- Photo: Hannescamps during WW1 1 Comment
- Photo: LNL soldier and family 0 Comments
- Photo: LNL soldier named Ben 0 Comments
- Photo: Loyal North Lancs cheering 3 Comments
- Photo: Loyal Signalers 3 Comments
- Photo: Martindale, Preston 6 Comments
- Photo: Officers of the 9th Battalion, LNL 0 Comments
- Photo: Private Lance Ingham 3 Comments
- Photo: Recruits 0 Comments
- Photo: Sergeant William Green 0 Comments
- Photo: The Band of the 7th Battalion, LNL 1919 1 Comment
- Photo: The Bing Boys 0 Comments
- Photo: Unknown LNL soldier portrait 2 Comments
- Photo: Unknown Officer 0 Comments
- Photo: Unknown soldier portrait 0 Comments
- Photo: Unknown Soldiers outside hut 0 Comments
- 201506 CPL. H. BRADSHAW. L.N.LAN.R.
- 202627 PTE. R. HEAPS. L.N.LAN.R.
- The case of Serjeant James Hetherington Pearson
- 203106 PTE. H. DEWHURST. L.N.LAN.R.
- 3038 PTE. J. COOKSON. L.N.LAN.R.
- 13047 LCPL. V. L. CHEVALIER. L.N.LAN.R.
- 9358 PTE. F. N. GRIMES. L.N.LAN.R.
- 36050 PTE. J. H. ORGILL. L.N.LAN.R.
- 15793 CPL. T. A. HOGARTH. L.N.LAN.R.
- 201125 LCPL. J. JACKSON. L.N.LAN.R.
- “I firmly believe I will pull through,” he proudly stated “The Germans can break my head, but they can never break my heart”
Most Viewed Posts
- Roll of Honour
- SWB Numbers
- The sinking of SS Transylvania 1917
- Officers’ Service Records (TNA)
- WW1 Practice trenches at Penally, Tenby.
- Casualties of CHUNUK BAIR (6th Bn)
- Festubert Personal Accounts and Casualties
- The McDougall Brothers of Longridge
- Photo: A group of 4th Bn Soldiers
- Sinking of the Aragon: 30th December 1917
- Photo: Unknown soldier portrait
- 1/4th Bn Officers
- Diary of a Second Lieutenant (1st Battalion)
- My Experiences in Gallipoli
- The diary of Thomas Ainscough 1st-4th Battalion
- WITH A RESERVIST IN FRANCE by Private Frederick Bolwell
- WW1: Victoria Crosses: The Loyal North Lancashire Regiment
- Captain Francis Desmond Talbot Coke
- Preston Pals War Memorial
- War Memorial: Wheelton Clocktower (Chorley), Lancashire.
about 4 hours ago
- #OnThisDay 100 years ago, 10/LNL attack Greenland Hill. Pte Thomas McCue was one of 81 men killed. https://t.co/iDlfOVm70H #WW1Centenary
about 5 hours ago
- 201506 CPL. H. BRADSHAW. L.N.LAN.R. https://t.co/LYcPNzWnJz #LancashireWW1 #WW1Centenary #WW1
about 4 days ago