- 1st Battalion
- 2nd Battalion
- 3rd (Reserve) Battalion
- 1/4th Battalion
- 2/4th Battalion
- 3/4th and 3/5th Battalions
- 1/5th Battalion
- 2/5th Battalion
- 4/5th Battalion
- 5th Battalion
- 6th (Service) Battalion
- 7th (Service) Battalion
- 8th (Service) Battalion
- 9th (Service) Battalion
- 10th (Service) Battalion
- 11th (Reserve) Battalion
- 1/12th Battalion (Pioneers)
- 2/12th Battalion
- 13th (Home) Battalion
- 14th Battalion
- 15th (Service) Battalion
- Home Service Only
- Battalion not known
I would like to draw your attention to the efforts of the Preston Pals War Memorial Trust, and the successful erection of the new memorial at Preston train station.
The plaque was unveiled on 22nd July 2012 and commemorates the memory of the men of D Company, 7th Battalion, Loyal North Lancashire Regiment.
Congratulations to everyone involved, a fitting tribute to the brave men of Preston who were prepared to lay down their lives for our Country.
Check out the Preston Pals Memorial website for more information.
Paul McCormick is the creator and administrator for the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment website. Since 2010 he has been researching the soldiers that served during the First World War and sharing their stories on his website. You can contact Paul through the website 'Contact Me' page or on Twitter and Facebook.
(This post has been visited 416 times in the last 90 days)
PAGESHome Sitemap - Website Index Roll of Honour Research Request Pending Requests Contact Us PERSONAL ACCOUNTS A Reservist in France Diary of Thomas Ainscough M.M. Diary of a Second Lieutenant Festubert June 1915 Letters of James Craig and Benny Hobson Experiences of Gallipoli From Mons to the First Battle of Ypres QUICK PICKS The LNL Regimental History 1914 - 19 Search British Newspapers Research WW1 Soldiers Dates of Entry
This website is run by volunteers whose time is given freely. If you would like to help us towards the costs of maintaining the website, subscriptions to research websites and visits to archives it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all who have supported our project
- Link: Air Force Lists 1919 0 Comments
- Loyal North Lancashire Machine Gun Company 0 Comments
- National Roll of the Great War 1914 - 1918 1 Comment
- Occupations pre-1950 0 Comments
- Preston Pals War Memorial 0 Comments
- Remembrance Event: Aisne 14th September 2014 0 Comments
- Roll of Honour 33 Comments
- War Diaries: Index (TNA) 0 Comments
- 201506 CPL. H. BRADSHAW. L.N.LAN.R.
- 202627 PTE. R. HEAPS. L.N.LAN.R.
- The case of Serjeant James Hetherington Pearson
- 203106 PTE. H. DEWHURST. L.N.LAN.R.
- 3038 PTE. J. COOKSON. L.N.LAN.R.
- 13047 LCPL. V. L. CHEVALIER. L.N.LAN.R.
- 9358 PTE. F. N. GRIMES. L.N.LAN.R.
- 36050 PTE. J. H. ORGILL. L.N.LAN.R.
- 15793 CPL. T. A. HOGARTH. L.N.LAN.R.
- 201125 LCPL. J. JACKSON. L.N.LAN.R.
- The French gave us a hearty reception. Their soldiers looked very quaint in their red trousers. The 1st Battalion, having arrived in France on 13 August 1914 - Diary of a Second Lieutenant
Most Viewed Posts
- Roll of Honour
- SWB Numbers
- The sinking of SS Transylvania 1917
- Officers’ Service Records (TNA)
- WW1 Practice trenches at Penally, Tenby.
- Casualties of CHUNUK BAIR (6th Bn)
- Festubert Personal Accounts and Casualties
- The McDougall Brothers of Longridge
- Photo: A group of 4th Bn Soldiers
- Sinking of the Aragon: 30th December 1917
- Photo: Unknown soldier portrait
- 1/4th Bn Officers
- Diary of a Second Lieutenant (1st Battalion)
- My Experiences in Gallipoli
- The diary of Thomas Ainscough 1st-4th Battalion
- WITH A RESERVIST IN FRANCE by Private Frederick Bolwell
- WW1: Victoria Crosses: The Loyal North Lancashire Regiment
- Captain Francis Desmond Talbot Coke
- Preston Pals War Memorial
- War Memorial: Wheelton Clocktower (Chorley), Lancashire.
about 4 hours ago
- #OnThisDay 100 years ago, 10/LNL attack Greenland Hill. Pte Thomas McCue was one of 81 men killed. https://t.co/iDlfOVm70H #WW1Centenary
about 5 hours ago
- 201506 CPL. H. BRADSHAW. L.N.LAN.R. https://t.co/LYcPNzWnJz #LancashireWW1 #WW1Centenary #WW1
about 4 days ago