- 1st Battalion
- 2nd Battalion
- 3rd (Reserve) Battalion
- 1/4th Battalion
- 2/4th Battalion
- 3/4th and 3/5th Battalions
- 1/5th Battalion
- 2/5th Battalion
- 4/5th Battalion
- 5th Battalion
- 6th (Service) Battalion
- 7th (Service) Battalion
- 8th (Service) Battalion
- 9th (Service) Battalion
- 10th (Service) Battalion
- 11th (Reserve) Battalion
- 1/12th Battalion (Pioneers)
- 2/12th Battalion
- 13th (Home) Battalion
- 14th Battalion
- 15th (Service) Battalion
- Home Service Only
- Battalion not known
If you would like us to research a member of your family that served in the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment please let us know. We will search the following places and add their story to the website for you;
- British Army WWI Service Records, 1914-1920
- British Army WWI Pension Records 1914-1920
- British Army WWI Medal Rolls Index Cards, 1914-1920
- England, The National Roll of the Great War, 1914-1918
- UK, Soldiers Died in the Great War, 1914-1919
- UK, Military Campaign Medal and Award Rolls, 1793-1949
- British Commonwealth War Graves Registers, 1914-1918
- UK, Silver War Badge Records, 1914-1920
- UK, De Ruvigny’s Roll of Honour, 1914-1924
- UK, Citations of the Distinguished Conduct Medal, 1914-1920
- The Loyal North Lancashire Regiment Volume I 1741-1915 by Col. H.C. Wylly
- Loyal North Lancashire Regiment 1914-1919 by Colonel H. C. Wylly
- The Loyal Regiment, North Lancashire, 1919-1953 by Charles Graham Troughton Dean
- Soldiers Died in the Great War 1914-19 Part 50, The Loyal North Lancashire Regiment
- London Gazette
- Edinburgh Gazette
- 1st and 10th Battalion War Diaries (others may also be available)
- British Newspaper Archives
- Birth, Marriage & Death Records
- 1871 – 1911 Census Records
- Wills & Probate Records
- Church & School Records
- Travel & Immigration Records
We can make no guarantees that we will find anything, this may be because the information is too vague, or simply unavailable.
As this is a free service, there may be a waiting list in place as we often get several requests at once.
IMPORTANT: With increased public interest in the Great War due to the Centenary we are being inundated with research requests. We are still completing as many requests as time allows but be aware you may be waiting for some time before we get to you. Thank you
Alternatively, you can contact Jonathan D’Hooghe of the World War Ancestry website who also offers a free research service (CLICK HERE)
* denotes required field
By completing this form you agree to be added to our (infrequent) newsletter mailing list. We will never share or sell your information.
PAGESHome Sitemap - Website Index Roll of Honour Research Request Pending Requests Contact Us PERSONAL ACCOUNTS A Reservist in France Diary of Thomas Ainscough M.M. Diary of a Second Lieutenant Festubert June 1915 Letters of James Craig and Benny Hobson Experiences of Gallipoli From Mons to the First Battle of Ypres QUICK PICKS The LNL Regimental History 1914 - 19 Search British Newspapers Research WW1 Soldiers Dates of Entry
This website is run by volunteers whose time is given freely. If you would like to help us towards the costs of maintaining the website, subscriptions to research websites and visits to archives it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all who have supported our project
- 201506 CPL. H. BRADSHAW. L.N.LAN.R.
- 202627 PTE. R. HEAPS. L.N.LAN.R.
- The case of Serjeant James Hetherington Pearson
- 203106 PTE. H. DEWHURST. L.N.LAN.R.
- 3038 PTE. J. COOKSON. L.N.LAN.R.
- 13047 LCPL. V. L. CHEVALIER. L.N.LAN.R.
- 9358 PTE. F. N. GRIMES. L.N.LAN.R.
- 36050 PTE. J. H. ORGILL. L.N.LAN.R.
- 15793 CPL. T. A. HOGARTH. L.N.LAN.R.
- 201125 LCPL. J. JACKSON. L.N.LAN.R.
Every man will have in his possession a mask, or a pad soaked with special solution, which can be obtained in the trenches.
Prior to the attack on Rue-du-Bois, 5th May 1915
(1st Battalion War Diary)
- Every man will have in his possession a mask, or a pad soaked with special solution, which can be obtained in the trenches. Prior to the attack on Rue-du-Bois, 5th May 1915
Most Viewed Posts
- Roll of Honour
- SWB Numbers
- The sinking of SS Transylvania 1917
- Officers’ Service Records (TNA)
- WW1 Practice trenches at Penally, Tenby.
- Casualties of CHUNUK BAIR (6th Bn)
- Festubert Personal Accounts and Casualties
- The McDougall Brothers of Longridge
- Photo: A group of 4th Bn Soldiers
- Sinking of the Aragon: 30th December 1917
- Photo: Unknown soldier portrait
- 1/4th Bn Officers
- Diary of a Second Lieutenant (1st Battalion)
- My Experiences in Gallipoli
- The diary of Thomas Ainscough 1st-4th Battalion
- WITH A RESERVIST IN FRANCE by Private Frederick Bolwell
- WW1: Victoria Crosses: The Loyal North Lancashire Regiment
- Captain Francis Desmond Talbot Coke
- Preston Pals War Memorial
- War Memorial: Wheelton Clocktower (Chorley), Lancashire.
about 4 hours ago
- #OnThisDay 100 years ago, 10/LNL attack Greenland Hill. Pte Thomas McCue was one of 81 men killed. https://t.co/iDlfOVm70H #WW1Centenary
about 5 hours ago
- 201506 CPL. H. BRADSHAW. L.N.LAN.R. https://t.co/LYcPNzWnJz #LancashireWW1 #WW1Centenary #WW1
about 4 days ago